Sunday, May 22, 2016

A ridiculous game idea I can't commit - Fur Fighters: Fur Real

So I was listening to Fur Fighters music (PS2 version to be exact) with an idea in my head once again.

A more "realistic" Fur Fighters game. It's ridiculous.
And because I am an idiot (in a way), I'm telling you, the reader, about this idea of mine (in detail), as well as why I can't commit it.

The idea:

It wouldn't differ much in story or level design.

It would've been either isometric, third person or first person...
* Making isometric, TPS or FPS games (or any game having depth) isn't my specialty. Therefore this idea is impossible.

How it would've differed from the original:

Realistic weapons:
* The guns as well as the way Fur Fighters hold them would be more realistic, like a Shotgun.
(It would also have options/cheats like "Realistic Guns" which makes guns reloadable but therefore slower)
In the original, any Fur Fighter holds the selected gun single handedly, even if the gun had two handles.

The HUD would be different;
* HP would be shown as percents, with the silhouette of the current Fur Fighter's head.
(Okay, the original does have percents but it doesn't show the "%" next to the number)
* "Tokens" and "Rescued Babies" would be presented in gauges on bottom-right corner, which would be replaced by Boss gauges during a boss battle.
* Weapon Bar would be vertical and on the left side of the screen, with the current weapon's ammunition presented next to it.
(Like if the selected weapon was a Submachine Gun and it had 240 bullets, there would be "240/300" next to it.)
It would also have added ammo presented in a green flash right next to it.
(Like +5 Shells or something)

The Fur Fighters would have different animations for different circumstances;
*Normal: if HP is above 25, normal animations occur (after a while).
*Hurt: if HP is 25 or less, Fur Fighters breathe faster, wobbling as well as having troubles with moving, shooting and reloading. (Animations would last longer)
*Dead: Depending on circumstances, a different animation occurs upon dying.
(Like standing still, falling, running, drowning (not possible in the original) exploding etc.)

Realistic swimming:
* Like in the original, only Rico could swim underwater but also the only one to stay underwater.  Others would have Oxygen gauges, (even though they rise to the surface automatically)
Running out of Oxygen would result in an instant Fluff (death)

Menus:
* Menus would be more like wavy text.

The reason I can't commit it:

* It would be a copyright violation. (?)
Fur Fighters is an official game by the former Bizarre Creations and Acclaim.

* I don't have the experience or program.
I think this idea could be possible with Unity, but I can't use it.
I'm saying this because I've never tried it. (Yet, at least.)

* I don't have time or interest.
I'm in the middle of developing chaos with 4 other ideas.
Besides, if I ever got the experience for 3D games, I'm pretty sure I'd still not make this idea come to life.

That's all for now... I'll definitely consider deleting this post...

No comments:

Post a Comment