Monday, April 25, 2016

The biggest issue(s) with I Affect the World; the Story of Mala

Written during lunch break.

There are two things I suck at in game development; making backgrounds and composing music.

With (pretty much) all my games, these are the biggest obstacles.
The reason for why the characters and such turned out good (IMO) for BBNR is that I know how to visualize it.

First I draw the outline ("blank"), then I add the basic colors ("color") and only then I'll add shading ("light").

Here's a quick example: (use if you want for all I care)


For some reason I can't seem to want to use this method in my other games... Or maybe I do someday?

Making backgrounds isn't the same. I tried this by drawing "distant spruces"... I don't know what to say about it.

Here's another example: (might be used for BBNR (if enhanced))


I can't think of anything else to write about so I guess that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment