Sunday, June 12, 2016

Should I make I Affect the World; the Story of Mala PAID?

I've been thinking...

Game Maker Studio (which I happen to own) allows developers to publish games to GM Player, which pretty much replaces Sandbox (as far as I know).*

But, Player also allows developers to sell their games (with "30% revenue" to Yoyo Games?*) with a limit to how many games you can upload at a time, which are:
2 (Free)*
5 (Professional, I own it)*
10 (Master Collection)*

The question is:
If I upload my game (BBNR) there, will I have it free or paid?

Well, paid games must be good and fun to play... I'm certain my game will be that.
But, my development skills aren't good;
I mostly use Drag n' Drop actions (which are for beginners).
I think I could upload it for 0.99-1.99 if I make it entirely in GML? Of course, that could take some time...

What I want to provide:
- Fun and challenging gameplay
- Interesting plot and backstory
- Controls that are comfortable (possible Gamepad support?)
- Medals and different Modes for replay value (?)
- A colorful bunch of characters and a beautiful world
- A fitting soundtrack (which might have to be made by someone else...)
- Fun bosses (I really like my concept for Hock the Rock Hedgehog...)

The problem here:
I m not certain of requirements for selling a game in the Player.
(If there are any specific ones about the way the games are made, I've missed them.)

Why paid?
- If I put lots of effort into BBNR, I wish to get more than reviews or ratings.
I want effort salary. **

If you want a straight link to Game Maker Player:
http://www.yoyogames.com/player

* I found information from GM Player FAQs.
** Here, I meant to say "vaivanpalkka" which means "payment for effort".
Translations were always "effort salary".

I might delete this post.

Opinions?
* Required

No comments:

Post a Comment